The scheme is open to both academic and administrative staff and is designed to provide seed money to help launch new ideas which lead to more sustainable, long- term funding being obtained from the EU programmes. It aims to enhance collaboration between SGroup members and to provide benefits both to the members involved and to the SGroup as a whole.
The call for application 2015 favours two types of grants:
1. A travel subvention of up to 500 Euro per person per institution to participate in a meeting dedicated to the development of a project proposal for the EU-funding. The project idea needs to be at an advanced stage: with a clear concept note, an EU-funding programme identified and a consortium set up with a minimum two SGroup members. Preferably, the consortium should allow for the inclusion of the SGroup in the project proposal as a full partner, if available, or as an associate partner.
2. A subvention towards the costs of travel and fees for individual SGroup members of up to 1500 Euro to attend an international conference, fairs, or events where the SGroup network can be actively promoted through presentations, workshops or poster sessions both within Europe and beyond.
To be eligible, a project application should meet the following conditions:
1. In the case of a project related subvention:
· Indicate clearly the objectives of the project;
· Prove the stage of the project preparation;
· Involve SGroup members from at least two countries;
· Demonstrate how the project can benefit the SGroup network and partner institutions;
· The grant will be transferred after the scheduled activity has taken place upon the submission of the programme of the meeting, copies of hotel invoices and boarding passes.
2. In the case of the attendance at international events:
· Description of the event with provided contact details to the organisers;
· Description of the activities to be executed;
· The contents of the presentation should be consulted with the SGroup Secretariat;
· Provide an estimated budget of expected expenditure associated with the above activities;
· Demonstrate how the project can benefit SGroup network;
· The grant will be transferred after the scheduled activity has taken place upon the submission of a report from the event and a copy of boarding passes. A report form will be provided by the SG Secretariat.
The projects will be evaluated by the Executive Committee according to a set of published criteria.
Please not that the request for funding should refer to future activities and not those that have already taken place.
- Travel costs
The project does not cover staff costs.
HOW TO APPLY?
Applications should be made by completing the project sheet in the Annex section. Please note that those applying for a project related subvention should use Annex I. PROJECT ACTIVITY GRANT APPLICATION FORM, and those who seek funding for an international event should use Annex II. ATTENDANCE AT INTERNATIONAL EVENTS – GRANT APPLICATION FORM. Please see attachments below.
The applications should be submitted to the SG Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org with the notification of a Liaison Officer of a home institution.
The call 2015 is open continuously until November 2015. The activities should be performed by the end of December 2015.
This year’s budget provides for a maximum of 10 project meeting grants and up to 4 international event grants which will be distributed on a first-come first-served basis. For more information about the project, please contact the SG Secretariat at email@example.com.