The SGroup Network is a partner institution in the Erasmus Without Paper project (EWP) that aims to create a network supporting the electronic exchange of student data and documents by interlinking higher education institutions and their student information systems.
The European University Foundation has conducted the Erasmus Without Paper Desk-Research, which gives a broad overview of the different challenges the European landscape of Erasmus+ student data bears. The research explores various quasi-standards set by European institutions and organisations, related projects analysing mobility processes and presents the findings of one of Europe’s biggest consultations with Higher Education Institutions. Over 1050 institutions answered a questionnaire to map the current situation.
The research concludes with key arguments on how the EWP Network can improve the administrative burden for universities and streamline processes for a more efficient and environmentally friendly management of Erasmus+ student data. Find following some of the recommendations of the EWP Desk-Research:
EWP will build a framework that allows a decentralised peer-to-peer network in which:
- student data itself is never stored;
- universities will be able to join the EWP Network by either using a standardised connector or implementing a connector tailored to their own Student Information System;
- a common data standard for Erasmus+ student data will be established;
- The EWP Network is open to all trustworthy stakeholders and therefore offers a market-place for integrating a wide variety of systems;
- non-linear data exchange will be possible to cater for institutions, no matter the IT system used or capacity.
More information available at: http://www.erasmuswithoutpaper.eu/?q=news/ewp-publishes-research