BELGIUM – SUMMER SCHOOL AT GHENT UNIVERSITY
- HEALTH & MIGRATION – 3-12 July 2017, Ghent, Belgium
The Summer School is organized by medical students at Ghent University, in cooperation with the university itself. Each summer, students from all over the world are welcome to the city of Ghent, Belgium where a 10-day educational program on the topic of ‘Health & Migration’ is delivered, along with various social and cultural activities.
Worldwide, migration is an important topic within the context of globalization. The Summer School ‘Health and Migration’ aims to play a leading role in bringing attention to this subject on an international level, which is heavily neglected in current medical education and training. Participants attend interesting lectures taught by renowned doctors, professors and high-ranking officials connected to Ghent University as well as other international institutions.
This year for the first time a summer school will take up the subject of ‘Reproductive Health & Rights’ in a multidisciplinary setting. We’ve put together a 10 day educational program that will exist of different lectures handling different subjects within ‘Reproductive Health & Rights’ and all of this in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment. We strive to enrich the knowledge of students by discussing subjects from different angles.
More information at http://summerschoolghent.com/
CYPRUS - SUMMER SCHOOLS AT UNIVERSITY OF CYPRUS
- CO-OPTED PEACE AND THE PURSUIT OF JUSTICE: HIDDEN CONFLICTS, CONCEALED VIOLENCE AND NEW RIGHTS – July 9-21, 2017 , Nicosia, Cyprus
The Summer School provides an intensive two-week course, focusing every year on a key issue of peace and conflict studies. The Summer School critically engages questions of peace and conflict studies from global and cross-disciplinary perspectives. It has four specific aims:
- To study and understand the contemporary research and policy agenda of peace and conflict studies, including highly topical issues
- To create a positive and productive environment for learning through lectures, seminars and roundtables as well as fieldworks and experiential projects
- To bring together leading academics, practitioners and students working in the areas of peace and conflict
- To develop new and innovative ideas that support both locally and globally a more peaceful and less violent world
Registration deadline: 18th June 2017
More information at http://ucy.ac.cy/isspeaceconflict/about-us
CYPRUS - SUMMER SCHOOLS AT CYPRUS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY
The Social Computing Research Centre at Cyprus University of Technology provides a select cohort of Postgraduate and PhD students the opportunity to network, expand their knowledge and enhance their skills. Summer School Dates : 17-21 July 2017
GERMANY - SUMMER SCHOOLS AT UNIVERSITY OF BAYREUTH
- BAYREUTH INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL – July 2-15, 2017, Bayreuth, Germany
From 2 to 15 July 2017, the Bayreuth International Summer School (BISS) welcomes students from all over the world to join our courses at the campus of the University of Bayreuth.
Organized by the Campus-Akademie in corporation with the International Office, four courses are offered with renowned national and international lecturers.
You can choose between the following disciplines:
- Economics & Management
- African Studies
- Public Health & Environment
- Energy & Climate
- Polymer Science & Engineering
- Polymer Science & Biofabrication
Registration deadline: 30th April 2017
More information at http://www.summerschool.uni-bayreuth.de/
GERMANY – SUMMER SCHOOLS AT JUSTUS LIEBIG UNIVERSITY OF GIESSEN
- US-GERMAN SUMMER SCHOOL IN INTERNATIONAL AND COMPARATIVE LAW, 15th July – 12th August 2017, Giessen, Germany
More information at: http://intlaw-giessen.de/summer-schools-main/us-german-summer-law-school/
- INTERNATIONAL SUMMER COURSE – LANGUAGE CLASSES IN THE MORNINGS, WORKSHOPS IN TH AFTERNOONS, 31st August – 29th September 2017, Giessen, Germany
The overall aim of this course is to gain greater familiarity with the German language and the academic disciplines for which it is required, and to get to know the university as well as the German system of higher education. Together with your fellow students, you will find out about life and culture in and around Giessen. Throughout the course, our well-trained student mentors will do everything they can to be of service to you. 4 ECTS points can be acquired.
Application deadline: 15th July 2017
More information at: http://www.uni-giessen.de/international-pages/language-courses/in/hsk
- HESSEN INTERNATIONAL SUMMER UNIVERSITY, Intellectual Property & Biotechnology linking Law, Business and Science, 15th July – 12th August 2017
The programme is designed for undergraduate students, graduate students and young professionals from all over the world, studying topics related to economics and management, natural sciences and law. German Languages classes can be additionally chosen.
Application deadline: 31st May 2017
More information at: http://intlaw-giessen.de/summer-schools-main/hessen-international-summer-university/
POLAND – SUMMER SCHOOLS AT ADAM MICKIEWICZ UNIVERSITY IN POZNAŃ
- AMU SUMMER SCHOOL OF POLISH LANGUAGE AND CULTURE – August 7-25, 2017, Poznań, Poland
Summer School of Polish Language and Culture is organized by Adam Mickiewicz University. The author of the curriculum is prof. dr hab. Irena Sarnowska-Giefing. Every year it brings dozens of individuals coming from all over the world, even as distant countries as Japan or the USA.
The School's curriculum includes: Polish language course, lectures, workshops and language consultancies for beginners. The intensive Polish language course takes 4-6 hours per day and its classes are arranged according to the the language level of learners. After the language course students are warmly invited to attend the lectures in Polish or English.
More information at: http://summerschool.amu.edu.pl/
- X POLISH-RUSSIAN SUMMER SCHOOL OF LAW AND HUMANITIES – June 5-14, 2017, Gniezno and Poznań, Poland
The topic of this year’s summer school is “Intellectual Property Law in Poland and Russian Federation (theory and practice)” and its participants will have a chance to take part in lectures and workshops organized in Gniezno and Poznań, Poland.
Application deadline is April 20th 2017.
- ECOLOGICAL STATE OF THE LAKE DURING RESTORATION MEASURES – June 25th – July 9th, 2017, Wągrowiec and Poznań, Poland
IP entitled "Summer School - Ecological state of the lake during restoration measures" will be held in Wagrowiec and in Poznań. The Durowskie Lake situated in Wagrowiec is restored with unique and complex method, to fulfilling the requirements of the WFD. One of the main aims of this IP will be study by students these new restoration technics and their influence on ecological state of the lake.
More information at http://restlake.amu.edu.pl
- HUMAN GROWTH AND NUTRITION AND THEIR APPLICATIONS TO HEALTH – July 12-22, 2017, Poznań, PolanD
The programme of this summer school will give an extended framework review of the complex relation between nutrition, physical growth and health and nutrition-related health problems, evolutionary and developmental origins of disease, various methods and analytical techniques that can be applied to the community health assessment. The course is taught by the world renowned experts in the field of human auxology.
The summer schoool offers participants the unique opportunity to widen their skills and competences in designing research activities conducted independently. Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to identify and explain complex relationships between all of the variables using multivariate mathematical models.
More information at http://www.biologia.amu.edu.pl/page.php?id=summer_school
- GEMEINSAME WERTE – GETEILTE ERINNERUNG? DEUTSCHE UND POLEN IN EUROPA – August 28th – 8th September, 2017, Poznań, Poland
More information at https://sommerschule-uam.jimdo.com
- POZNAŃ SUMMER SCHOOL OF BIOINFORMATICS – NGS in MEDICAL RESEARCH – 4-September 4-8 or September 11-15, 2017, Poznań, Poland
More information at http://bioinformatics-school.pl
- SUMMER SCHOOL OF LIVIING LATIN AND GREEK – July 17-30, 2017, Poznań, Poland
More information at http://ifk.amu.edu.pl/ifk/ifk/szkola-zywej-laciny
SUMMER SCHOOOL - 3RD EDITION - NEWS LITERACY SUMMER INSTITUTE IN POZNAN, 9-14 July 2017, Poznan, Poland
More information at: http://revjournal.org/news-literacy-2/
PORTUGAL - SUMMER SCHOOL PROGRAMMES AT UNIVERSITY OF PORTO
- SUMMER SCHOOL PROGRAMMES AT THE UNIVERSITY OF PORTO – June, July, August, September 2017, Porto, Portugal
More information at https://sigarra.up.pt/up/pt/web_base.gera_pagina?p_pagina=1006580
- SUMMER SCHOOL OF PORTUGESE FOR FOREIGNERS – July 3-21, 2017, Porto, Portugal
These courses are aimed at those for whom Portuguese is not their mother tongue, and that want not only to learn Portuguese, but also to discover Portugal and its culture.
All the didactic materials are prepared by our teachers according to each specific group of students in each proficiency level.
More information at https://sigarra.up.pt/flup/en/WEB_BASE.GERA_PAGINA?P_pagina=2419
PORTUGAL - SUMMER SCHOOL PROGRAMMES AT UNIVERSITY OF MINHO
- VERÃO NO CAMPUS – July 24-28, 2017, Braga and Guimarães, Portugal
More information at www.veraonocampus.uminho.pt
- SUMMER COURSES – June/July, Campus de Gualtar, Braga, Portugal
More information at http://babelium.ilch.uminho.pt/
- MIGRANTS AND REFUGEES AT THE CROSSROADS OF THE EU CRISIS: MANAGING (IR)RECONCILALBLE PRACTICES? – July 24-26, 2017, Braga, Portugal
This Summer School aims at the specific challenge posed by migration and refugees to the EU and its member states. For that purpose, sessions will count on the contribution of renowned specialists, at the premises of the School of Economics and Management of the University of Minho in Braga, Portugal.
The CICP 2017 Summer School will provide useful information to practitioners and students interested in figuring out ways to reconcile security imperatives and the continuity of a humanist essence within the EU integration project.
The CICP 2017 Summer School will also be a benefit for members of NGOs, migrants associations, human rights activists, civil servants, postgraduate students and citizenss interested in thinking critically about the nexus between migrants, security, Human Rights, and the European project.
More information at http://www.cicp.eeg.uminho.pt/_summer_school_2017
- SUMMER SCHOOL ON QUALITY AND ORGANIZATIONAL EXCELLENCE – July 16-21, 2017, Guimarães, Portugal
This Program is a unique opportunity to learn, share experiences and know new colleagues that together have the same passion – the passion for Quality.
By attending to the Summer School on Quality and Organizational Excellence you have the chance to learn from some of the most important worldwide Quality Leaders – Pedro Saraiva, Hiroshi Osada, Lars Sörqvist and Mohamed Zairi, about the link of Quality and New Products Development, Total Quality Management, Quality Improvement Programs and the Future of Quality.
The courses will take place during all the full week, with daily classes and several industrial visits, balancing theoretical and practical examples of the best practices in the field of Quality and Organizational Excellence. The program is composed of lectures, team work, workshops and presentations.
Application deadline: 21st April 2017
More information at http://qoe.dps.uminho.pt
- 14th NIPE SUMMER SCHOOL IN ADVANCE IN QUANTILE REGRESSION – June 12-14, 2017, Braga, Portugal
- Advances in Quantile Regression
- Panel data analysis: Introduction to QR, Inference for QR; QR for Panel Data
- Other topics: QR for Duration and Count Data, Nonparametric QR; Endogeneity in QR Models
- Recent developments: QR Methods in Time Series, Risk and Extreme QR; Multivariate and Functional QRMore information at
More information at http://www3.eeg.uminho.pt/economia/nipe/summerschool2017/index.htm
- ADVANCED COURSE IN MATERIALS, TECHNIQUES AND DESIGN APPROCHES FOR THE STRUCTURAL STRENGHTENING - June 19-30, 2017, Guimarães, Portugal
In the context of the structural rehabilitation of the built environment, the present course aims to provide knowledge on the use of advanced cement and polymer based materials, proper strengthening techniques and design guidelines. This course should provide to the participant the capability of defining the appropriate inspection and diagnosis strategy, selecting the proper materials and strengthening techniques, and the design preparation using recent design guidelines and advanced computer simulations.
More information at http://sc.civil.uminho.pt/strengtheningtechniques/index.php
- 3RD INTERNATIONAL HANDS-ON PHAGE BIOTECHNOLOGY COURSE, June 19-23, 2017, Braga , Portugal
The Bacteriophage Biotechnology Group of the Centre for Biological Engineering at the University of Minho is organising a 5-day course on phage techniques entitled: "3rd International hands-on PHAGE BIOTECHNOLOGY course" from 19th to 23rd of June, 2017. The course will consist both of theoretical and practical lessons and will cover topics from isolation and production of phages to genomics, annotation, phage display and characterization of phage endolysins.
The course is addressed to both PhD students and junior researchers who are starting in the phage field or to post doctoral, senior researchers and industrial partners who want to improve their knowledge in the area.
More information at https://www.ceb.uminho.pt/bbig/HOP2017/Home.html
- 11th WORKSHOP DYNAMIC BEHAVIOUR OF MATERIALS AND ITS APPLICATIONS IN INDUSTRAIL PROCESSES - August 23-25, 2017, Guimarães, Portugal
The Workshop will cover experimental, theoretical and numerical aspects of the mechanical behaviour of solids at high strain rates. The works based on specific industrial applications are welcome. The following main sessions are intended:
- Constitutive modelling
- Experimental investigations
- Modelling and numerical simulations
- High speed impact and machining
- Metal forming and other industrial applications
More information at https://www.workshop2017uminho.org/
- 27th SUMMER COURSE OF PORTUGESE AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE - July 3 – 28, 2017, Braga, Portugal
More information at http://babelium.ilch.uminho.pt/
ROMANIA – SUMMER SCHOOL AT BABEŞ-BOLYAI UNIVERSITY
46th Edition - INTERNATIONAL SUMMER COURSES OF ROMANIAN LANGUAGE AND CIVILISATION – 3-21 July 2017, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Aims and objectives:
- Develop oral and written communication skills in Romanian as a foreign language (RFL)
- Provide professional instruction and up-to-date hands-on teaching materials
- Improve the participants’ linguistic and cultural knowledge by organizing leisure and social activities
- Enrich cultural knowledge in an authentic environment
- 3 weeks of Romanian language courses (20 hours/week), taught according to the Common European Framework of Reference levels
- Social programme: welcome party, city tour, visit to the Transylvanian Ethnographic Museum, visit to the Art Museum in Cluj, visit to the “Alexandru Borza” Botanical Garden in Cluj, traditional glass painting workshop, Romanian cooking workshop, trips to the Turda salt mine, the Turda gorges, Beliș and Maramureş county, conferences on diff rent topics, multicultural evening, farewell party.
Application deadline: 1st June 2017
More information at: http://cci.ubbcluj.ro/international_news/ubb_international_summer_schools.php
SPAIN - SUMMER SCHOOL PROGRAMMES AT UNIVERSITY OF LEÓN, July and August 2017
- SELECTION OF SUMMER SCHOOL PROGRAMMES AT THE UNIVERSITY OF LEON
More information at http://extensionuniversitaria.unileon.es/euniversitaria/oferta.aspx?tipo=2&m=3
UK - SUMMER SCHOOL PROGRAMMES AT UNIVERSITY OF KENT - APPLICATION DEADLINES - 29TH MAY 2017
- EUROPE AND THE WORLD – June 18th – July 1st 2017, Brussels, Belgium
The Brussels Summer School organised by the University of Kent Brussels is centred on the theme of ‘Europe and the World’ which builds upon the academic strengths of the Brussels School of International Studies. Within this context various sub-themes will be covered, these include migration, the European Union’s (EU) relationship with emerging powers such as China, and the EU’s response to the global economic crisis.
Over a period of two weeks, students participate in a series of guest lectures, seminars and debates delivered by academics, policy-makers, diplomats and European civil servants. The summer school allows students to discover how the European Union functions with a particular focus on how it acts as a global organisation and the challenges it faces in today’s world.
.More information available at: https://www.kent.ac.uk/summerschools/europe/index.html
- REVOLUTIONS - July 16-29, 2017, Paris, France
The University of Kent branch in Paris is organising a Summer School focused on the theme of ‘Revolutions’. This allows students to explore how French culture has long been at the centre of innovation in the fields of architecture, film, literature, art, philosophy and drama.
Students will spend two weeks in Paris in an interdisciplinary environment surrounded by the rich history and culture that the city of Paris has to offer. Sessions with expert lecturers and guest speakers will be combined with related excursions, resulting in an intellectually stimulating programme in the Humanities and an experience of living and studying in one of Europe’s major capitals.
More information at https://www.kent.ac.uk/international-pathways/iss/medievalhistory.html
- EUROPEAN SECURITY AND FOREIGN POLICY, June 18th – July 2nd, 2017, Canterbury, UK
This course focuses on contemporary security issues facing Europe today and on how European states are adapting to their new role in providing security both within and beyond the European territory. The aim of the course is to give students a thorough overview of contemporary security issues and how they are addressed by European and international security institutions. The course will provide a conceptual overview of the most important topics and will discuss specific case studies to illustrate concepts and explore key themes.
The course will thus examine the institutions of EU foreign and security policy; the future of the transatlantic relationship and of NATO; inter-institutional cooperation between the EU and the UN and other international actors in pursuit of ‘effective multilateralism’; regional challenges such as integrating the Balkans and solving the ‘frozen conflicts’ as well as European engagement farther afield such as Afghanistan and sub-Saharan Africa; and European responses towards the rise of emerging powers and their effect on global governance.
More information at https://www.kent.ac.uk/international-pathways/iss/europolitics.html
- INVESTIGATING THE SOCIAL MIND, July 16-30, 2017, Canterbury, UK
This two week PG level course hits the ground running exploring different theories and aspects including 'Can emotions affect the way we think? ' and 'The Psychology of Being Smart' with students able to take part in psychological experiments and tests used to examine these theories in greater detail.
Students will study the application of psychology, inspired by a wide range of perspectives (e.g., evolutionary psychology, social psychology, cognitive psychology), to every-day experiences. In this Summer School, the emphasis will be on how psychology (concepts, theories, and research) can explain real-world, social phenomena. The topics will include (but not limited to):
- Social and romantic relationships
- Interpersonal and inter-group conflict
The Psychology Summer School is part of the University of Kent Summer School programme. It will allow you to make lasting connections with students from around the world, studying a range of subjects but sharing your own enthusiasm. International study will enable you to gain a deeper understanding of another culture, make lifelong friends from a wide variety of backgrounds and benefit from globally-renowned academic excellence.
More information at: https://www.kent.ac.uk/international-pathways/iss/socialpsychology.html
- BIOTECHNOLOGY – July 16-30, 2017, Cantenbury, UK
The Biotechnology Summer School is a 2-week residential programme for students entering their final year in a Biology-related subject. The Summer School will supplement your existing knowledge with valuable practical and applied training, and allow you to discuss research in depth with the academics who are leading experts in their area. It will prepare you for your senior year and enhance your appeal to potential employers and graduate schools.
More information at https://www.kent.ac.uk/summerschools/programmes/biotechnology.html
- MEDIEVAL CANTERBURY AND KENT: CROWN, CHURCH,COMMUNITIES AND CULTURE – July 2-16, 2017, Cantenbury, UK
The course will comprise guided visits to sites across Kent, workshops, seminars and lectures, and students will investigate medieval documents, artefacts, standing buildings and landscape features to analyse how people lived, worked, worshiped, played and died in the Middle Ages. The teaching will involve individual and group learning activities, designed to enhance students’ analytical skills and their abilities to work as effective team members.
More information at https://www.kent.ac.uk/international-pathways/iss/medievalhistory.html
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY AND IVF – July 30th – August 13th, 2017, Cantenbury, UK
The Molecular Biology & IVF Summer School is a 2-week residential programme with the key focus each week as below:
1st Week: IVF week - Learn what it is like to generate IVF embryos
2nd Week: FISH week - Learn chromosome analysis and fluorescence in-sit hybridisation
Aimed primarily at students entering their final year in a Biology-related subject. The Summer School will supplement your existing knowledge with valuable practical and applied training, and allow you to discuss research in depth with the academics who are leading experts in their area. It will prepare you for your senior year and enhance your appeal to potential employers and graduate schools.
More information at https://www.kent.ac.uk/summerschools/programmes/molecularbio.html
- GLOBAL BUSINESS IN A DYNAMIC ENVIRONMENT - 18th – July 2nd , 2017, Cantenbury, UK
This course provides a comprehensive and up-to-date overview of international business and the institutions involved in the process. Although there is an underlying universality to the basic principles of business administration, it is in the application of these principles that people in international business encounter unique problems. Theory will be emphasized for a normative understanding; practical aspects are focused on to show the relation of theory to practice or "real life". We will teach each other and learn from each other by the use of analogies, parables, and examples - which will help us understand and remember.
More information at https://www.kent.ac.uk/summerschools/programmes/business.html
- ARCHITECTURE SUMMER SCHOOL – July 2-16, 2017, Cantenbury, UK
The Kent School of Architecture Summer School offers a two-week experience at the University of Kent’s Canterbury Campus. The programme has been developed to give participants first-hand experience of architectural specialisms while working with leading practitioners.
The Summer School is aimed at those who have an interest in architecture and design, wishing to explore specialist areas. We welcome groups of participants from a range of backgrounds including international undergraduate or postgraduate students, prospective postgraduate applicants, students from other universities and those currently in employment thinking about further study. Applicants do not have to be studying Architecture but will need to demonstrate a keen interest in the subject.
More information at https://www.kent.ac.uk/summerschools/programmes/architecture.html
- CRITICAL THEORY SUMMER SCHOOL – June 26th – July 7th, 2017, Paris, France
The Kent Summer School in Critical Theory was created to offer a unique intellectual experience to early career academics and research students – as well as to the scholars invited to lead seminars in a particular year.
For two weeks in Paris in June, a small group of junior scholars will work intensively with thinkers carefully selected from year to year, for the contemporary significance of their work and their ability to enrich the ethos of the school. The school has been arranged to create the conditions for an intimate and intensive collaboration between students and teachers, outside the formal institutional frame, so as to bring together participants who may not otherwise encounter each other.
More information at http://kssct.org/
- QUANTITIVE RESEARCH SUMMER SCHOOL – June 18th – July 2nd, 2017, Canterbury, UK#
This is an introductory course to quantitative methods and statistics. The course starts with the very core elements of statistical analysis and covers descriptive statistics for categorical and continuous data, analysis of contingency tables, proportions, measures of central tendency and dispersion, before moving onto correlation and simple linear regression and working up to multiple linear regression. The course finishes with a brief overview of further regression techniques such as logistic regression and is designed to prepare students for further statistical courses in later years. It is designed to give a good grounding in the use of the statistical software SPSS.
More information at https://www.kent.ac.uk/summerschools/programmes/quant.html