How to become a member?
The Association shall be composed of higher education institutions.
Two types of membership status are available:
1. Full members: universities from across Europe which have signed the Santander Group Charter. Entry to this class of membership will be reserved to universities offering PhD or equivalent degree courses and endorsement by the General Assembly.
2. Associate members: universities from non-European countries. Entry to this class of membership will be by invitation of the Executive Committee and endorsement by the General Assembly. Their representatives will not have the right to be members of the Executive Committee or vote on issues during the meetings of the General Assembly. They may, however, participate in the General Assembly.
Any higher education institution in Europe interested in joining the SG, should address its application to the SG President and sent to the SG Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org The application form provided at the bottom of this page.
The membership is decided by the Executive Committee after consulting in writing all the SG member universities. Member Institutions send a written endorsement and the decision of the Executive Committee is ratified by the General Assembly.
The SGroup Network enables its members:
· to network for EU-funded projects in education and research;
· to exchange good practices;
· to share experiences;
· to participate in specialised work groups, seminar and training courses;
· to access first-hand information about educational and research policies in Europe;
· to promote expertise and to increase visibility of its members;
· to identify opportunities for academic collaboration.