The SGroup European Universities' Network aims to strengthen the institutional capacities of its member universities to reinforce their international visibility, to expand their collaboration opportunities in education and research and to improve the quality of their governance, teaching, research and administrative practices. It seeks to achieve this through the transfer of knowledge, the development of strategic alliances and the improvement of intercultural understanding.
The SGroup Network is a dynamic platform for university collaboration among European and non-EU institutions to develop the internationalisation of its members, to foster university excellence in education and research and to promote continuous adaptation to educational and societal needs in a creative and innovative way.
LIST OF SGROUP NETWORKS' SERVICES AND ACTIVITES
EU Projects Consultancy
- A special task force was composed of experts from member institutions who have experience in writing, co-ordinating and evaluating EU-funded programmes and who like to share their expertise with SGroup's universities.
- The SGroup sets up consortia for the EU-funded programmes and assists with project writing and project implementation.
Consultancy on higher education policy
- The SGroup work groups of experts in various fields can offer consultancy for international cooperation programmes, higher education policy, as well as collaboration opportunities in research and education.
- Based on many years of experience and a relevant pool of experts the SGroup Network offers external evaluation of the EU-funded projects.
Being located in Brussels, the SGroup Network undertakes important bottom-up initiatives of member institution to tackle current challenges of Higher Education Institutions in Europe at the policy-making level of the European Institutions through advocacy, consultancy, or position statements with the aim of making the voice if its members heard and considered in the Europe-wide policy-making, in particular with regard to research and education.
Participation in EU-funded programmes
The SGroup Network is an active partner in numerous EU-funded projects as full or associate partner using its relevant expertise, facilities, and also the capacity to provide the sustainability and the European impact to selected initiatives relevant to its member institutions.
The list of projects being implemented with the SGroup Networks is available here:
Specialised seminars, workshops, and training activities
The SGroup promotes, develops and participates in the organisation of specialised seminars, workshops or training activities on the latest trends and topics relevant for the internationalisation of Higher Education Institutions and international collaboration.
PROJECTS AND ACTIVITIES
"Seed money" funding scheme
Upon the selection of projects proposals from member universities the SGroup offers a funding scheme for preliminary project meetings or conference attendance for events with an international impact where the SGroup Network can be promoted.
ICon - InterCONtinental Academic Exchange Programme
The ICon Programme - Intercontinental Academic Exchange Programme is a collaboration platform for academic mobility between SGroup member universities and their peers from overseas e.g. Latin America, Eastern Partnership, and China.
Berkeley Exchange Programme for Graduate Students
The Berkeley Academic Exchange Programme is available for students from SGroup member universities who can study at the prestigious University of California at Berkeley, U.S.A for one semester with a fee waiver. The agreement with the UC Berkeley provides for 8 places for students on an annual basis.
SGroup Training Exchange Programme is a placement programme for students at the International Offices of the network members. Universities can submit placement offers on a continuous basis that are further uploaded in the dedicated section of the website at the dedicated section of the website.
Visibility of the SGroup members and their activities
The SGroup Network offers networking opportunities to strengthen the collaboration of its members and partners through live meetings and SGroup Community gathering both academic and administrative staff members.
Multiple channels of communication such as the website, news bulletins, dedicated mailing groups, and a facebook page the network gurantee maximum visibility to its members, their activities and achievements.
The SGroup Network represents its members at international fora e.g. conferences, fairs, and meetings.
WITH THE SGROUP NETWORK MEMBER UNIVERSITIES CAN:
- Gain access to the expertise in EU programmes, projects and benefits from the successful experience from over 130 million Euro-funded projects.
- Join a sustainable network of strong European and overseas Higher Education Institutions with excellent research and teaching profiles.
- Gain committed partner institutions, thus strengthen your capacities through the network.
- Enhance the global competitiveness of your institution.
- Foster your internationalisation mission by strengthening the impact of HEI’s strategy on a global scale.
For more information on SGroup’s services and activities, please contact the SGroup Secretariat at email@example.com.