The main objective of the BE MUNDUS project is to foster inter-institutional cooperation between European and Brazilian higher education institutions(HEI) and make the EU a privileged region for Brazilian cooperation. In particular BE MUNDUS will contribute to the following objectives and results:
- Foster internationalization and quality of undergraduate studies in Brazil
- Increase EU-Brazil joint research programmes, so as to enhance skills and qualifications of Brazilian students while opening up new opportunities for the European market.
- Build capacity among International Officers within Brazilian HEI and thereby contribute to a more homogenous internationalization across the country.
- Foster mutual understanding of EU and Brazil’s respective higher education and research systems and priorities, so as to increase recognition of studies and degrees between the two regions.
- Promote equal opportunities in higher education by ensuring an inclusive participation in the project.